- Transport can be booked very easily through the hotel reception or your hostel on the same day. The hotel doesn’t even take a commission.
- However, if you are stressed out about life, you can book everything in advance at 12go asia, a serious Singaporean site. This is particularly useful for booking trains. See all the routes offered here
- Watch out for the sand fleas that reign on deserted beaches. You have to put on mosquito repellent all the time, even when you go to the beach. Avoid sunbathing on a towel, take a sun lounger if possible
- Watch out for bed fleas! Thailand is infested with it! You should therefore always check the beds and do the pre-check by entering the name of the hotel + bedbugs before reserving one.
- In the event of a flea attack, all clothes should be washed in hot water (60 degrees minimum) and sleep with a meat bag that you wash every day. Do not hesitate to throw away your clothes if you are worried about an infestation
- Some hotels rated well on Booking are not rated on TripAdvisor. Check both sites before choosing your hotel
- For the islands, the beaches are shallow and some have lots of stones that hurt your feet. If you don’t like snorkeling, find out about this before choosing a resort at $ 716 / night.
- Unless you have a crazy hotel at a ridiculous price, you better not book in advance. Book the first night, test the restaurant, the beach, the bed, observe the density of mosquitoes… Before extending your stay.
- Another method would be to sleep in a hotel near the city center to enjoy the cheap food and rent a scooter to get to the beach. The beaches are public, you can access them by crossing the garden of the resorts without paying a penny. Just bring beach towels
- Rent your scooter through your hotel, it will be the same price but there is less risk (they already have your passport for the room, no need to give passports to everyone)
- Also stop by your hotel to buy boat/bus tickets to get the free taxi to the port. It is the same price whether you go through the hotel or directly with the bus/boat company
- To consult the timetables of buses, trains & get an idea of the prices, you can look on 12go.Asia